- Forged tool steel head, Made in the USA, with a clear lacquer to deter rust.
- The striking face is precision machined with proper radius and chamfer (bevel), providing safer performance.
- Heat-treated after machining for increased depth of hardness. (Turning after hardening looks more attractive (on competitor’s tools) but leaves less depth.)
- Heat treatment produces fine grain structure and Rc 46-54 (Rockwell) for safety and toughness.
- 16 in American-made hickory handle, kiln-dried before turning. The eye section is then dried below 10% moisture content prior to assembly.
- The handle is hydraulically inserted into the head and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge, providing a very secure mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2 in. to 1 in. of length is removed during assembly.
Very stout. I only wish the handle was a tad slimmer in hand portion. Now I'm not sure whether to thin it down or if it would compromise the integrity of the handle and be prone to breakage. I really like the short handle to a heavy head to help bang wedges closer to the target.