5# Single bit Splitting axe with 36″ or 28" straight handle. This thing is a laser beam through firewood rounds. When turning large chunks of wood into smaller chunks of wood is the task at hand... this is the one you want! The cutting edge is approximately 4.5″ of overall length.
This axe comes in both 36" and 28" handle lengths. Choose which length you'd like when you go to checkout.
The 28" Handle makes a GREAT Fallers Axe!
Need a scabbard for your new wedge pounder? Click Here!
Here are what a few other customers had to say:
- Forged steel head. Made in USA.
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and splitting.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- Head coated with boiled Linseed Oil over the as forged finish.
- 36″ straight American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a wooden wedge.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2″ of the overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
** This is a standard axe so grain orientation is not guaranteed. **
The Coucil Tool large leather mask fits this axe, Grab yours HERE
Our HDPE Mask fits this axe also! HERE
Shipping is FREE in the US on all orders over $150
Solid wedge banger.
Council Tool - 5 lbs Splitting Axe
I wish the handle was in stock when I placed my last order so I would have received free shipping.
I’ve owned a few council axes but none of them have done as good out of the box as this 5 pound setup. The handle is a tad on the thin side but with exceptional grain pattern and after a week of BLO the colors speak for themselves. Nicely done Whiskey River and thank you for the super quick shipping!
I don’t know how we can expect more at this price point. I bought the 36” & 28”. I like the 28” better for myself. We’ll balanced, sharp enough right out of the box. I only y’all would sell a quality overstrike guard because I’ve already marred the handle. No fault of the axe though! Great axe, great service, great company! Keep up Whiskey troops!