5# Single bit Splitting axe with 36″ or 28" straight handle. This thing is a laser beam through firewood rounds. When turning large chunks of wood into smaller chunks of wood is the task at hand... this is the one you want! The cutting edge is approximately 4.5″ of overall length.
This axe comes in both 36" and 28" handle lengths. Choose which length you'd like when you go to checkout.
The 28" Handle makes a GREAT Fallers Axe!
Here are what a few other customers had to say:
- Forged steel head. Made in USA.
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and splitting.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- Head coated with boiled Linseed Oil over the as forged finish.
- 36″ straight American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a wooden wedge.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2″ of the overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
** This is a standard axe so grain orientation is not guaranteed. **
The Coucil Tool large leather mask fits this axe, Grab yours HERE
Our HDPE Mask fits this axe also! HERE
Shipping is FREE in the US on all orders over $150
The 36” handle gives this axe head scary power at busting tough logs, but at 5lbs I can swing it all day, much more effective than my 8lb maul for long splitting sessions.
I really love this axe, that after a few sessions now has come to life. The marbling grain on this head from forging - that is flame like, is quite beautiful and was a pleasant surprise. I think there was a nice browny at work, or a bit of luck relative to the handle, as it is superb; that comes together with the head to make a fine axe. This axe is a symbolic and an important part of my practice and objectives - that I really appreciate. ~ Thank you
If splitting is your goal, this thing is like a hot knife through butter. Clearly one of the best axes I’ve ever owned. I love this axe.
My experience here was a very terrible one. After I had made my second deposit I was blocked out. Nothing I did worked. I was so frustrated and giving up on my money when Mrs HARPER JAMES came to my rescue and helped me out with the issue. I would have been in a big mess if I had not met MrS HARPER JAMES ( HARPERJAMESPLATFORM @ GMAIL . COM ) personal email them privately. I wish to recommend Mrs HARPER to anyone in recovery of loss. SHe saves me and I believe She can also save others who have run into loss.
Got the axe looks excellent
Going to use it on next campout
Can’t wait to try it out