2.25 lb. Dayton axe head outfitted with a 19″ curved hickory handle that we call "The House Axe".
This axe is perfect for keeping right next to the fireplace in your home or campfire out in the woods.
It was created to help you make quick work of turning firewood into much smaller firewood.
Use this axe anytime lack of space is a concern for you. The 2.25lbs head makes it so that axe can do more of the work for you and the 19" curved handle gives you multiple places to grip while still being super ergonomic.
This is a great axe for everything around the homestead. It's a great weight for everyone in your house to use.
The Sport Utility Edition Axes are a huge upgrade in both functionality and value compared to their standard predecessors. They sit proudly on excellent American Hickory handles and are hung using a quality hardwood wedge instead of the aluminium wedges they were once fitted with. The robust and resilient finish given to the axe in the drop forging process has been left preserved and the head has been covered in a rust proofing agent to ensure its longevity. Each Sport Utility Edition is hand finished with an edge that would make any grizzled veteran woodsman proud! Be careful taking these axes out of their boxes because they come ready to take a bite out of your woodpile!
- Forged tool steel head. Made in USA.
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and light splitting.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- Head coated with a rustproofing agent over the as forged finish.
- 19″ curved American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening. Hafted high and proud.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a traditional double wedge system.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/4″ of overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
** This is a standard axe so grain orientation is not guaranteed. **
Looking for Leather for this axe?
Full Carry System (Sheath and Sling) HERE