5# Single bit Splitting axe with 36″ or 28" straight handle. This thing is a laser beam through firewood rounds. When turning large chunks of wood into smaller chunks of wood is the task at hand... this is the one you want! The cutting edge is approximately 4.5″ of overall length.
This axe comes in both 36" and 28" handle lengths. Choose which length you'd like when you go to checkout.
The 28" Handle makes a GREAT Fallers Axe!
Here are what a few other customers had to say:
- Forged steel head. Made in USA.
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and splitting.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- Head coated with boiled Linseed Oil over the as forged finish.
- 36″ straight American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a wooden wedge.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2″ of the overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
** This is a standard axe so grain orientation is not guaranteed. **
The Coucil Tool large leather mask fits this axe, Grab yours HERE
Our HDPE Mask fits this axe also! HERE
Shipping is FREE in the US on all orders over $150
I needed to restock my wood rack recently and decided that I needed something other than my splitting maul. This 5lb axe was great! I split a pickup truck load of wood in no time with it, and didn’t wear myself out doing it. I want to buy another load so I can keep on splitting!
What a beautiful all American steel Splitting axe. Highly recommend!!! Great price and W.R. trading always does a superb job packaging, top notch thanks guys.
I purchased the 36 inch. Splits knotty wood great. Doesn’t sling wood around like a maul.
Thanks whiskey river!!! Already ordered a mask for it.
Ordered the Council Tool 5# splitting axe with a 28" handle, the order process was very straight forward, the axe came right away and was packaged very well. the axe is just as expected and everything went very well.