- **Flying Foxes have sold out. We have another skid on its way that will be here within the next week or so.
- I just wanted to let you know that the shipping of your fox will be delayed until we receive and quality check this new batch of Foxes.
- Thank you!**
- This axe is balanced in a way that it chops more effectively and flies straight and true which means you spend less time learning how to handle it and more time hitting bulls-eyes and cutting clean.
- A hardened poll so you can pound in tent stakes so that your tent or camp doesn’t blow away from you or your family.
- The head is 1.75 lbs of 1060 steel which qualifies for various throwing leagues which means as soon as this axe arrives you can go make your friends look bad at league night.
- At just under 16” this axe was made to be easily packed away which means an easier trip into camp for you whether that be by canoe, truck, or backpack.
This is the latest addition to the much improved Council Tool Co. Sport Utility line of axes.
This resilient, aerodynamic, little bruiser is just as comfortable soaring through the air as it is relaxing next to the campfire, revelling in the heat of the wood it just prepared. At just under 1.75 lbs the hatchet not only qualifies as a competitive throwing axe but is also an amazing option for anyone backpacking or canoeing into the wilderness.
Here is a hatchet that your wife, child, or local hippy would not be afraid of picking up and using! No more rainy off days in the woods while the kids complain about being bored. Grab your Flying Fox, find some standing dead wood, and have a camp throwing competition!
The sleek design is an amalgamation of a few mid 20th-century hatchets with a few modern touches thrown in. The flying fox also carries a hardened poll, an attribute that is unusual (because the extra effort the process of dual hardening requires) to find on such an inexpensive hatchet!
This hardened poll allows the user to safely use the Flying Fox to things such as pound tent stakes, smash old toilets, test steel-toed boots, and even bounce off the ground safely (for it...you may want to stay on your toes) on the off chance you ever hit a throwing target wrong while using it!
Long story short. This adventure hatchet is an all-around bushcraft tool that is a capable, pack-able, and all-around incredible piece of gear to take with you into the woods or to throw at a target. The Flying Fox can take anything you throw at it and anything you throw it at!
Leather NOT included BUT...
Our Council Tool Medium Utility Sheath fits this amazing axe! Pick yours up by clicking here!
Also check out our HDPE Full sheath for this axe here: https://whiskeyrivertrading.com/collections/standard-axes-and-tools/products/hdpe-sheath-for-council-tool-flying-fox-hatchet
Looking for a full carry setup? The Camp Carver Full leather sheath and sling fits wonderfully! https://whiskeyrivertrading.com/collections/leather-goods/products/brown-leather-sling-and-sheath-council-tool-camp-carver
Looking for a replacement handle for your Flying Fox? Checkout our 16" Ultra Premium replacement handle HERE
Or our Council Tool Factory Replacement handle HERE
Head weight… 1 lbs. 11 oz. (Just under 1.75 lbs.)
Bit length… 3 7/8” (Just under 4”)
Hardened bit and poll.
Handle has a large hatchet eye, trimmed to be under 16” (Hickory)
** This is a standard axe so grain orientation is not guaranteed. **