Thanks for signing up for restock notifications!
There was an error signing up for restock notifications. Please try again.
- 6.0# Forcible Entry Flathead fireman’s style single bit axe on a curved American hickory handle. Perfect for the firefighter on your list. Used in all manner of municipal fire fighting applications, chopping, battering, door stop, ect. Cutting edge is approximately 5″ in overall length and the poll is square.
- Forged 4140 steel head. Made in USA.
- Forged in slot to marry most popular Halligan tools to create “The Irons”.
- Head is balanced.
- Top of head is flat to stand on its own.
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- Available on both a 32" and 36″ curved hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a traditional wooden and steel wedge.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2″ of the overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.