Whoa another NEW one from Council Tool!
5# Single bit Splitting axe with 36″ straight handle. This thing is a laser beam through firewood rounds. When turning large chunks of wood into smaller chunks of wood is the task at hand... this is the one you want! The cutting edge is approximately 4.5″ of overall length.
Here are what a few other customers had to say:
- Forged steel head.Made in USA.
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and splitting.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- Head coated with boiled Linseed Oil over the as forged finish.
- 36″ straight American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a wooden wedge.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2″ of the overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
** This is a standard axe so grain orientation is not guaranteed. **
The large leather mask fits this axe, Grab yours HERE
Did you know this axe comes on a 28" handle? Click here to check that out!
Shipping is FREE in the US on all orders over $130