CLOSE OUT SALE
Council shipped us a few more of these. We only have a handful so don't wait.
This weight hammer has been discontinued and is being sold at a steep discount while supplies last. Check out the other products in our "Deals" Section
All orders over $130 ship free in the US.
Product Description for Council Tool:
- 2.5 lb. cross pein hammer (sometimes called a “blacksmith” hammer).
- Forged tool steel head, Made in USA , with clear lacquer finish to deter rust.
- Striking face is precision-machined with proper radius and chamfer (bevel), providing safer performance.
- Heat treated after machining for increased depth of hardness. (Turning after hardening looks more attractive (on competitor’s tools) but leaves less depth.)
- Heat treatment produces fine grain structure and Rc 46-54 (Rockwell) for safety and toughness.
- 15″ American-made hickory handle, kiln dried before turning. Eye section is then dried below 10% moisture content prior to assembly.
- Handle is hydraulically inserted into head and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge, providing a very secure mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2″ of handle length is removed during assembly.
- Meets or exceeds ASME B107.54-2001.
Prop 65 Warning: This product contains Nickel (metallic), a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.