Thanks for signing up for restock notifications!
There was an error signing up for restock notifications. Please try again.
The Big Bertha of Firefighter Axes
From Council Tool:
8.0# Pickhead firefighter axe with a 34 1/2″ fiberglass handle. Traditional pickhead style. Cutting bit on one end and a pick designed to penetrate on the other. Used in all manner of municipal fire fighting applications, chopping, battering, forcible entry, door stop, ect. Cutting edge is approximately 6″ in overall length.
The Large Council Tool Leather Utility Mask fits this axe! Look for it in our Leather-goods section!
- Forged tool steel head. Proudly Made in the USA!
- Body fully polished, hand sharpened, tapered cutting edge and pick. Bevel underneath pick head allow for clean cutting and tearing through doors or walls.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- Body coated with fire engine red enamel and the cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust.
- 34 1/2″ yellow clad style fiberglass handle. Traditional sledge handle shape. Construction is a pultruded structural fiberglass core with an injection molded jacket acting as an exterior body. The jacket is tough, durable engineered polymer. Extremely strong, non-conductive and non-corrosive.
- Axe head is joined to the handle with a strong resilient epoxy, forming a chemical and mechanical bond. The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond.
Based on 1 review
This thing is a great axe that just wants to smash things into little pieces. Reminds me of living back at the station except instead of doors it splits oak rounds now! Be careful with it though, this is not an axe to be swinging tired!