DISCOUNT SALE!! These have been discontinued from the Council Tool Line up and they wanted to allow us to offer them to you folks. When they are gone. They are gone. Limited quantities available
From Council Tool:
- 8# maul-eye style splitting maul with a 36″ American hickory handle.
- Forged tool steel head, Made in USA, with clear lacquer finish to deter rust.
- Heat treatment of bit end produces fine grain structure and Rc 45-50 (Rockwell) for safety and toughness.
- Striking face is intended for driving steel wedges (Council #5W) that are used in conjunction with splitting logs.
- 36″ hickory handle is kiln dried before turning. Eye section is then dried below 10% moisture content prior to assembly.
- Handle is hydraulically inserted into head and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge, providing a very secure mechanical bond.
** This is a standard axe so grain orientation is not guaranteed. No warranties offered on this product **
Works great, good design, only thing I didn’t like was how rough the handle was but nothing a 220 grit sand paper couldn’t fix.