Standard Line option of the Popular Hudson Bay Belt Hatchet!
This Hudson Bay Belt Hatchet is a beautiful example of a quality American made tool. The head is a solid 1.25 lbs of drop forged 1060 steel and the haft starts with 14 inches of smooth, finished hickory, is trimmed during the hanging process to a little over 13.5 inches.
This little hatchet is perfect for canoeing, backpacking, or running the trap line. This little guy is so easily carried that you'll almost forget you have this amazing tool with you.
The Sport Utility Edition Axes sit proudly on excellent American Hickory handles and are hung using a quality wooden wedge instead of the aluminium wedges they were once fitted with. The robust and resilient finish given to the axe in the drop forging process has been left preserved and the head has been covered in a rust proofing agent to ensure its longevity. Each Sport Utility Edition is hand finished with an edge that would make any grizzled veteran woodsman proud! Be careful taking these axes out of their boxes because they come ready to take a bite out of your woodpile!
***This axe does not ship with leather. However, you can buy the mask that fits it HERE.***
Forged tool steel (1060) head. Made in USA.
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and light splitting.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- Head coated with rust proofing agent over the as forged finish.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a traditional double wedge system.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/4″ of overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
** This is a standard axe so grain orientation is not guaranteed. **