In Stock and Ready to ship!!
Please read since some things have changed with this product.
We are offering 3 variants. These 3 variants are explained below and available for you to select in the drop down menu. We are closing out the final part of this project and offering some with non-premium handles at a discount.
The final batch that we received have slightly different handles than the first. Still coated in oil. (no wax or laquer) We feel that we need to be transparent about this just incase you have previously ordered one.
We are calling this Gen 1 and Gen 2 for ease of explanation. Read options below.
Gen 1- B Grade (this has the same handle shape as the first batch that anyone has purchased up to this point.)
Gen 2- A Grade (this has a slightly different shaped handle. Still hung just shy of 28" but is a little thicker specifically up by the shoulder of the handle) Still Premium in grain and quality and can be tuned to your liking just like any of our axes. (see photos for a closer look)
Gen 2- B Grade (Same handle as the Gen 2 A Grade but with less than Premium Grain orientation.)
Pricing has been adjusted based on this information. See drop down menu to select yours before they are sold out.
We are proud to announce the re-issue of the Iconic 1080 Steel Forest Service Spec Boys Axe on a 28" Premium Handle! This has been a project long in the making. We've partnered with Council Tool Co. out of Lake Waccamaw, NC, USA to bring back this highly desired woodsman's tool.
For decades this iconic axe could be found at the side of Forest Rangers and Wildland Fire Fighters. This dependable tool is perfect for base camp, as a fire axe, or next to the woodpile.
These are being freshly forged for us at their facility. Council has improved the shape of the head specifically creating more crisp and square edges to the poll over the last year.
- This axe is designed to be stored long periods of time and be ready to work at a moments notice, meaning more time spent using it and less time worrying if it is hung tight and going to hold a sharp edge.
- A painted head, dipped bit, and composite wedge, helps this axe last longer in storage, which means no matter where you leave it or how long it sits there, when you need it, it will be ready to work!
- The US Forest Service ordered this axe for their crews to depend on, for this affordable price you can have that peace of mind just like Wildland Firefighters have for decades before.
Don't let the name "Boy's Axe" fool you. This midsize axe is considered the best all-around axe for all ages and sizes. One tool for many jobs, large enough to get some serious work done but small enough to pack into base camp, strap to your UTV, or keep in the woodshed at your family's cabin.
The US Forest Service ordered these built to very specific specs:
- 1080 Steel (1060 construction on our SU Line axes)
- Painted head and bit
- 28" Handle. (We upgrade premium grade with BLO finish)
- Composite wedge
- Stamped "FSS" (Forest Service Spec)
These come sharpened and ready to use out of the box. Just like with any of our Sport Utility, Woodcraft or Velvicut axes. This means you don't have to waste any time-modifying or sharpening this axe before putting it to work.
If you are looking for the sweet carry system that is in the photos. Click HERE and grab yours today!
Looking for a leather mask? Click HERE to grab yours today! Available in Veg tan and Chocolate Brown.
Remember Domestic shipping is FREE on all orders over $150 sitewide